Saturday, September 20, 2008

Doctor's Orders...

At our appointment this past Wednesday they did yet another ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid level. It is still low/borderline, so the doctor ordered me to go on maternity leave about a week and a half earlier than I anticipated. She also ordered me on flexible bed rest. This means she wants me home as much as possible and down with my feet up most of the day. She did not give me terrible restrictions, so I can still get things done around here and run the occasstional errand or even go out to dinner if I am up to it. She suggested that I spend most of my day watching TV and movies... which is hard for me! So far though it hasn't been so bad. I have just slowed down a bit. My blood pressure and everything is great, so she saw no reason to move our scheduled date up at this point. She did ask us to come back Friday/yesterdady for an NST (non stress test.) They hooked us up to a fetal monitor and tested Anna Claire to see how she reacted to stimulus. The test results were "beautiful" so she shows no signs of distress at this point. I guess they worry as the fluid gets below a certain level that the baby may go into distress. We will now visit the doctor twice a week until delivery to check the fluid via ultrasound one day and then have the NST on the other. Next week we go on Monday and Friday. Since we are technically considered full term at this point, the moment my fluid were to drop below the line OR AC showed even remote distress, they would go on and deliver us. The goal (at least for Dr. Mitchell) is to make it to October 6th or as close as possible. My goal is to make it to the end of September - ha! So - it could be VERY soon... just about two weeks MAX. Hard to believe we will be meeting her so soon, but we are READY!

I am feeling ok really all things considered. I am increasingly uncomfortable, but that is to be expected. I have actually been sleeping better the past week. The baby is favoring my right side and seems to be in a tucked position. I wish she would spread out a bit! My right side and ribs are really taking a beating. :-) We are ready for her arrival... car seat and all as of yesterday. Brad will have it installed by our friend and fireman this weekend. I also placed a final pre-delivery order online last night - so I feel prepared. Today my outing will be to pick up some pj's for the hospital. Tonight we are going to Danville to visit with Mom and Ray. Poppy (aka Ray) is recovering from shoulder surgery so we want to check on him and enjoy some time with them before the baby arrives. I can relax and be waited on there as easily as I can here - ha! I am working on getting THE BAG packed over the weekend as I feel like D-DAY is fast approaching. The nursery is ready and all baby things have been assembled. We just need her now! I will try to post some pictures tomorrow of all of the newest items and of my HUGE belly.

I will be home resting - so feel free to call or visit! Will update again after our Monday appointment.

3 comments:

Mills said...

Thank goodness everything went well yesterday!!! Ran into Honey and Poppy today at the Kroger. . .poor Poppy! Just counting down the days. . .CAN'T wait!

Heather C. Watson said...

Can't wait to meet her! Hope you are doing well. Take care of yourself and know that Bob, Max and I are sending love and happy thoughts your way.

xo00

Julie Jorgensen said...

Hang in there sweetie! We're thinking about you and AC and can't wait to meet her. I know my sister will let me know as soon as she arrives; in the meantime, feel free to use your spare time to email me any nagging beauty questions, and we'll make my blog All About Keeping Katie Beautiful! Miss you!