So I am WAY behind... but most of you have already heard the good news. Anna Claire Williams made her way into the world rather unexpectedly on Monday the 22nd after a routine doctor's appt showed on ultrasound that my fluid had dropped below the borderline and AC's heartrate was quite high over 200 BM. I didn't even have time to go home - they sent me straight to the hospital! I checked in at 11 AM and she was born at 2:15 PM weighing in at 6 lbs, 10 oz. and was 18 inches long. Everything went smoothly with delivery. She is gorgeous and has a full head of dark hair. We have enjoyed her so much and can now understand what parents mean when they say you just can't prepare yourself for how much you will love your kids!
I did have to have a c-section so I am recovering and having to rely on Brad to do a lot of the grunt work. I have done quite well... it is just difficult getting around. Brad is wonderful! Even better news about Anna Claire came after her delivery. She is the picture of health! All of the worrying seemed to have been for not, but that is fine by us! Her left foot does turn in a bit, but that is normal for newborns and is often caused due to position. Apparently she was a bit crowded, but she is perfect! The pediatrician said it would work itself out with time. She did develop a touch of jaundice before we left the hospital, so we went back to the doctor on Friday for bloodwork. Most likely we will return to the doc this week to make sure she doesn't need a little light therapy.
Thanks to all for the thoughts, prayers, notes, cards, emails, meals and gifts. We have had so many visitors and been shown an outpouring of love by our families and friends. Anna Claire is already so loved and her parents are SO proud (AND tired! this gal is a night owl!)
Check out some photos below! More to follow very soon!
annie kate
8 years ago


2 comments:
Katie--
She is so very gorgeous! I am so thrilled for y'all and can't wait to meet her!
xo--
h
Congratulations to you and Brad! She is absolutely gorgeous - I bet you're both thrilled. She looks like she's doing great. I've totally copied the blog idea :-)
Hugs to you all,
Dionne
xxx
Post a Comment