Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Extreme Home Makeover

I promise to follow with some Anna Claire posts, but I just had to share the latest photos of the house. The shutters were hung today and we are so pleased with the outcome. It has come such a long way!

Before. Before any improvments and before we moved in. Poor quality photo as it was ripped from the LBAR site. I hate that I don't have a better before shot.

Phase I - the front landscaping was cleared out completely and leveled. Fish pond removed! There is also a new garage door, which you cannot see in this photo.

Phase II - new landscaping and new front door.

Phase III - New brick framing around door, window and door trim painted beige to match the house and railing painted black to match the new front door. Chocolate brown be gone!!! (at this point our neighbors started gawking and coming over to compliment the improvements)

Finished Product! New garage door, new landscaping, new front door, new exterior lights, new paint on the trim and finally... shutters. Whew! I guess we will never be "done" as home ownership is an ongoing project; however major exterior improvements are complete! Now we can relax... and start saving our pennies for the next big project. Or maybe a vacation!



3 comments:

honey said...

looks great. we want pictures of anna claire!!! anna claire!! anna claire.

Amy said...

Looks great!!

Mnowac said...

Looks great Katie. The change of paint really made a big difference.