Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Quick Update

Many thanks for all of your sweet thoughts and prayers of concern last week while Anna Claire was ill. I am happy to report that she is doing MUCH better. We have been fever free for FOUR days and she is slowly regaining stamina and a bit of an appetite. Yesterday she seemed to be happy and pain-free for the most part and had a good day playing and laughing. It is GREAT to hear her laugh again. Still napping more frequently than usual, but I think by next Monday we will be back on track! The past two nights she has slept ALL night, so that is also a good indication that she is feeling better and is resting comfortably.

1 Year Stats: 30.5 inches long and 20 1/2 lbs
(now we are about 19.5 lbs due to the illness and lack of appetite)

She is about 85% in height and 40% in weight and is growing beautifully. She now has 4 teeth (with a few more on the way) and her hair is getting thicker and longer all the time. She has mastered walking and rarely crawls or wants to hold my hand, although she still looks like a drunken sailor and has that frankenstein style with arms out and uneven legs. She says a few words including: Momma, Dadda, Ba-ba (bottle,) Ball, Bye-bye, Dog and lately Poppa - I think that is for you Poppy! This week she has been saying Gaaa, which I have concluded stands for Goldfish when she wants a snack. If I ask if she wants to read a book or have a drink of water she says "Uh-huh." Too funny! She can now distinguish certain books from others and kisses almost every page of every book these days. She loves to sit in her chair and watch Hi-5 or Backyardigans. She also adores her reflection in the mirror and makes an "mmmmmm" sound as she kisses herself over and over. She claps and attempts to yell "yay" which usually just ends up being a scream of excitement. She now tries to mimic sounds and words or actions. My favorite is that if you say "hello" she holds her hand up to her ear as if she is talking on the phone! She learned that one all on her own by watching us. Occasionally, if she is in a really snuggly mood she will share kisses with Mom and Dad - but rarely!

It is amazing how quickly she is learning and understanding what is happening around her. I love to watch her play and I am still amazed to see such a little thing walking around! This has been the best year of our lives and we cannot wait to see her grow... although I kinda wish she would slow down just a bit.

More birthday pictures to come - last week put us behind! Now that she is well again, I hope to offer her a cake this week. It is so not fair she was sick on her birthday!

0 comments: