Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Beach Babe

**I wrote this post nearly two weeks ago and had a hard time getting photos to upload... therefore a little delay. Unfortunately since our return, Granddaddy's health has declined sharply and we are grieving that his days on earth are numbered. I am so thankful to have taken this final journey with him to the beach so he could admire the beauty of the ocean, fish off the pier, be with family and play with Anna Claire. Those memories will be with me forever.**

I know it has been way too long, but we have been busy as usual. Thankfully we recently got away from the daily grind and made a trip south to Amelia Island, Florida with Honey, Poppy, Grandmommy and Graddaddy. What a great trip with the grandparents and great grandparents from my side! We had beautiful weather and made many special memories, especially with my sweet Granddaddy who is in the final stages of his very special life (damn cancer!) We enjoyed just being with he and my grandmother and spending time together as a family. MB, Alex and Chris were able to join us for a couple of days and it was great to have everyone together.

Anna Claire LOVED the beach. This was her second appearance on the beach; however the last trip AC was only 6 months old and wasn't really into it in the baby stage. This time around she loved the sun, sand and sea! She was fearless in the pool and in the ocean. In fact, the mighty Atlantic waves would crash upon her and she would laugh and squeal. We all had a fantastic time just watching her play. We returned home Monday and since then I have heard LOTS of stories about the beach, ocean, pool, sand castles and Grandmommy and Granddaddy! Did I mention that she is really talking up a storm? She is speaking in full sentences all of the sudden! While at the beach she grabbed my face one evening, hugged me and said "Ahhh. Don't be scared Mommy, it's just a doggy." There was no doggy in sight, but I had to laugh. Last night she told Brad after her bath "I want to go downstairs and see Mommy." We are really enjoying two so far and find that the tantrums are even less frequent than before as she learns to communicate for effectively. She was a trooper in the car (thank goodness) and loved being on vacation. She keeps telling me "Go back to my house. My beach house." I wish, darlin!

















1 comments:

Katie Bradshaw said...

I just came across this one as I updated mine. She is sooooo freakin' cute.