Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Doctor's Appointment Etc.

My appointment went really well today! This ultrasound was neat, but a lot more medical and maybe just a tad less entertaining. Still, we are so relieved to know that she is doing well and is healthy! It was also confirmed - definitely a girl! Mom and I just acted surprised and told the tech we thought maybe it was a girl. I just didn't feel like explaining the whole saga with everyone at the doctor's office. Ha! Mom enjoyed being there and seeing the little babe kicking and waving. I was glad to have her there as well since Brad is stuck in training all week. I told the tech that we had tried to reschedule and were unable to find a date that worked and that my husband was a police officer and was not able to come due to mandatory training. I think the tech felt sorry for me and because of that we got lots of pics to share with him! Little Anna Claire (not 100% on that, but we think!) was sucking her thumb again and moving all around! I think she will definitely be a thumb sucker! At one point she had both hands pressed together in a praying position. I told the tech she was praying and saying "Are you kidding me??? These people are my parents?!?" HA.

After the appointment, Mom and I had a quick breakfast at Panera and then shopped for some baby gear at TJ Maxx! Mom, aka "Hunny" went home with some very cute things for Anna Claire and some neat things for baby Hammond as well... one of Ray's/Poppy's sons, Drew and his wife Ashley are expecting a baby in mid August. They don't know the sex and won't be finding out - which will be an amazing surprise. I wish I had the patience! Mom and Ray (Hunny and Poppy) will be traveling to Scotland in August for baby Hammond's arrival! Christmas in Danville will be very fun, albeit noisy if we are blessed to all be under the same roof!

Developmentally the baby looks very healthy. She is about 10 oz. and 6 to 7 inches long. Her little feet are about 3 cm long to give you an idea of how tiny they are at this point... we were shocked because she looked like big foot on the screen! Corcoran women tend to have large feet - so I am sure they may be quite large! The tech measured her in several different places and checked for abnormalities in the cord, heart, brain, spine etc. So far, everything looks perfect!

I am doing well... my blood pressure is very healthy and I had not gained any weight since my last visit. That seems CRAZY as I certainly feel like I am gaining! The doctor says there is no pattern and that is to be expected -usually if you spike in one cycle, you level out in the next. So, I am average and on track. They did not adjust my due date - so we should be on track for around October 12th. I feel great and cannot believe I will be at the halfway mark in just 4 days!

Have a great day and don't forgot to vote!

I will post a photo here from today's ultrasound when I get home from work.

2 comments:

Mills said...

So, no prego nose yet? That is good!

Heather C. Watson said...

I am so happy for you, darlin'! Sounds like everything is going great!

Big hugs to all--

xoxo
h