Monday, May 5, 2008

17 weeks etc.

Only 163 days to go! Sounds like forever, but honestly this pregnancy is flying by so far. I am sure I may be singing quite a different tune around July or August, but for now it just seems to be progressing so quickly. Everyone is commenting on the bump and most have noticed and commented that they think I am "carrying high." My grandmother, "Grandmommy" felt and inspected the belly on Sunday and assured me afterward that it was a boy. We shall see in about two weeks! I promise I will post a picture of my expanding waistline later this week.

We spent a fun weekend with my family and really enjoyed visiting with Mary Beth & Alex and Chris at "Hunny and Poppy's." We spent Derby Day at Keeneland and Brad and I won a nice chunk of change on our Derby pick, Big Brown! We are still on the hunt for nursery furniture, names and babysitters, however we have narrowed our name preferences down to a few options. Once we know the sex, I will share! I am feeling great for the most part, but my biggest complaint at this point is back pain. Ouch! Sleep is becoming increasingly interrupted as it is hard to find a comfortable position. I guess that is nature's way of preparing you for a newborn's schedule!

Babycenter.com update:

Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and he's around 5 inches long. He can move his joints, and his skeleton — until now rubbery cartilage — is starting to harden to bone. His sense of hearing is also developing. The umbilical cord, his lifeline to the placenta, is growing stronger and thicker.


Might I also add... this is the point where they recommend that you put away the high heels as your balance really starts being affected by the weight you carry on the front of your body. I guess they don't want you to fall or topple over! I haven't given up heels completely, but have been opting for my more comfy shoes... I guess I will have to go shoe shopping soon! ;-)

2 comments:

Mills said...

Um. . .are you CRAZY? Shoe shopping? Really?

Heather C. Watson said...

There's never really a bad time to go shoe shopping, IMO. ;)

xoxo
h