
SURPRISE EVERYONE! Due to a scheduling conflict next week we decided to have THE ultrasound done yesterday! Brad was not going to be able to make our appt on the 20th due to a work training and we were both devastated, so we decided to have an ultrasound done yesterday so we could be together when we heard the big news! Much to our surprise, we have a baby girl on the way! So much for mother's intuition! We are thrilled and I cannot wait to start shopping! My sister leaves today to return to Germany so thankfully she was able to attend the ultrasound appt with us! It was special having her there to say the least. She immediately went shopping and picked up several adorable outfits for our little gal! We probably won't see Aunt MB again until the babe is about 2 or 3 months old, so it was sad to say goodbye last night. Thankfully we got to spend lots of time together while she was here. We will miss you MB and Alex!
We are still thinking we will call her Anna Claire, but have not yet set that in stone. Will keep you posted! The ultrasound was amazing and I promise to post pics here this evening - so check back tomorrow! We had a 4D ultrasound done so we have some great pics and video clips! She was sucking her thumb almost the entire time! We got to see her yawn, kick her feet, wave her arms and open and close her fingers! The tech told me to drink some caffeine before the appt, so I had about half a cup of coffee. Our little girl apparently liked it and was doing flips! It took about 20 minutes or more to get her into a position where the tech could actually make a determination! I couldn't believe how much and how fast she was moving around in there! I am feeling movement now -but just here and there. In a few weeks I should be feeling her every move. I will certainly stay away from caffeine! We have an active little babe on the way! She gets that from Brad - he can't ever sit still!
The place we visited yesterday was a Fetal Imaging Clinic - so the nurse/tech did not offer any medical information. It appears that the baby is very healthy and active! I will have a doctor's appt on Tuesday the 20th and another ultrasound. It will be amazing to see how much, if any she has changed in a week. After that one - we will have more news to report. Maybe she will be a little more calm and we can get a clear shot!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Drum roll please......
Posted by KATIE at Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Congrats! Love the name, too. By the way, my mother's intuition said BOY and I was wrong, too. Oh, well.
I kind of had a feeling for you, but didn't want to say anything....
Is it too early for me to start buying pink dresses and rushing her Phi Mu??
xoxo
h
http://heatherwherever.blogspot.com/2008/05/im-going-to-have-niece.html
And, with that, I'm officially dropping the dirty rushing jokes and congratulating you!!! I'm so happy for y'all!!
xoxo
h
Post a Comment