Saturday was a crazy day filled with many emotions. A little after noon we got the news that my Papa passed away. He was ready to go and it was certainly time, but that doesn't make it any easier. Considering the C-section recovery and adjusting to life with Anna Claire, it had been quite a while since my last visit with Papa. Fortunately Aunt Kathy called me Friday when he took a turn for the worst and I rushed to the home in Wilmore to visit. He knew I was there and I held his hand and talked to him one last time. HE got to put his hand on Anna Claire. I think he had more clarity and was more in tune with things than he had been in a long time. He smiled when I spoke of Nana and how she was probably waiting on him. I left Friday night feeling that I may never see him again and sure enough... Again, I know he is in a better place and I find comfort in that! We will be post poning the celebration of his life until Christmas so our entire Corcoran family can be together. Thanks to those of you that have called and checked in on me and my family!
LATER THAT DAY... we placed an offer on a home and the seller accepted! Pending a clean inspection... it is our's! We hope to close and move somewhere around the first week of December. I will post pics within the next week or so as I plan to take some when we return to walk through with the inspector later in the week. We are thrilled and can't wait to move into our new HOME! Saturday was one crazy, roller coaster of a day. So... for my own sake, I have uploaded a great video of Anna Claire playing and talking on her changing table. The video is not of great qualify, but it could cheer anyone up! Turn up the volume!
annie kate
8 years ago


3 comments:
I am so sorry, Katie. I will be praying for you and your family. And the video is precious! Lyla was saying "baby" while we watched and listened to Anna Claire.
KATIE and BRAD!!!!!! It's Gina from Cocktails- Gina and James- I just heard that you had a baby from Bobbi and she sent me the link to your blog! Anna Claire is gorgeous you guys! James and I had a son just over a year ago- ya know, they would make a cute couple...
We live in TN now and have just found out that we are prego again and due in late June.
I am so sorry to hear of your Grandfather's passing. It's hard to let go, but you know it's best... My son, Jack, and I just visited with my grandfather last week in AZ. That very well could have been the last time, but it was a great visit.
My email address is gnamrea@mac.com. Keep me posted on you guys and I will return to your blog often!
Jack has a page too- http://web.mac.com/gnamrea/Jack_Lundy/Jacks_Homepage.html
Love and miss you both! Give kisses to the little one!
Gina
I love you!
Post a Comment