Monday, June 15, 2009

GABBF - Great American Brass Band Festival


Anna Claire and I spent the weekend in Danville for what we Danvillians refer to as "BBF" or Brass Band Festival weekend. Friday we strolled around town for the Gallery Hop and then attended a porch party. It was fun strolling around town and introducing Anna Claire to many old friends. Saturday we enjoyed some festival action and then a long afternoon nap. Saturday evening we headed downtown once more to enjoy the BBF picnic with friends and family and we had a great time! Anna Claire was a trooper and stayed out until 9:00. She slept like a log after all the action! Unfortunately I was busy with Mom duties and didn't do too well as photographer. I wish I had gotten more shots of Anna Claire with her new friends Davis and Jack. We also enjoyed visiting with my dear college friends, Ellen and Amy. Anna Claire loved all of the people, sights and sounds. She sure loves to be where the action is... I think she gets that from her Daddy. Maybe a little from her Mommy too, but DEFINITELY she takes after her Honey in that sense. (wink, wink) Sunday morning we had a delicious brunch thanks to Honey and Poppy, then headed back home to rejoin with Daddy. We missed him, but he had a good time camping and biking with friends in IN. We all took a VERY long nap on Sunday after a busy weekend and woke up ready to do it again. We are sooooo excited that Anna Claire will be meeting her Uncle Alex for the first time later this week! He has returned to Germany from Iraq and he and MB are making the trip home to KY on Thursday! We will have something great to blog about after their arrival.





3 comments:

Clcorcoran said...

Bald spot seems to be gone! Yay! I am not surprised to hear that Anna Claire loves the crowds as much as her Honey -- we can only hope that she two will have a distinctive laugh so we can find her in the GABBF crowd

Honey said...

We have fun no matter where we are.

KATIE said...

WOW. Honey is on facebook and now she has learned how to comment on the blog! I am impressed.