Today I woke up and I didn't feel pregnant! It was almost concerning until I got a look at my growing profile in the mirror and remembered that there is, in fact a babe in there! I think better days are ahead as I approach the end of the 1st trimester. :-) Already, the nausea is almost gone (knock on wood) and I am beginning to see an improvement in my energy levels. Yeah!
Recently we have received some children's books for the babe, which has been so much fun. I am a big fan of children's lit and I am counting on those of you that are knowledgable to teach me a few things and give me suggestions for a must-have reading list. Aunt Bobbi gave us "The Giving Tree" which has to be one of our childhood favs. Ellen sent "Pat The Bunny" which is too cute and will for sure be a fav of the babe. Over the weekend Amy gave us "This Little Piggy Went to Prada." I had so much fun reading it yesterday! Amy is one of the few banking on a little girl, but added that this book includes things that we should teach a boy as well! I had never even heard of this book, but it is SO cute and has beautiful illustrations as well. You all should check it out! www.thislittlepiggywenttoprada.com
Over the weekend Brad and I got some good practive as we babysat Lyla (almost 6 months old) for an afternoon. Everything went great, until Ms. Lyla got tired and starting fighting a nap. She was having fun and didn't want to sleep! Brad actually was the one that calmed the babe to sleep - he did a great job! We both had so much fun and it was a good dose of reality!
Week 11 babycenter.com update
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.
She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.
Monday, March 24, 2008
11 weeks
Posted by KATIE at Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Oh, baby is growing so fast! I just love looking at him/her on the screen!
Post a Comment