Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What happend to February?

February flew by and I can't believe it has been a month since I took those tests! I thought this was interesting info and wanted to share. Hard to believe that so much has happened in just 8 weeks! I am feeling ok. Just experiencing the normal symptoms that go along with pregnancy and some days are certainly better than others. :-) I have slept my way through most of the 1st trimester and I think that my emotional episodes have terrified Brad. He has been a good sport so far and I appreciate that very much!

This is from my www.babycenter.com update.

How your baby's growing:

Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about your baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether you're having a boy or a girl. Either way, your baby —about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.

Although it is hard to imagine now, in a matter of two weeks it will actually look like a baby! It makes me appreciate why I have been so tired - there is a LOT going on in there! Too bad we can't get another pic/ultrasound until May! Practicing patience is not something I am very good at these days! Next doc appt. is April 1st, but I am sure I will update you all before then.

1 comments:

Mills said...

Well, I am sooooo glad the "tail" is on it's way out! That is just too strange for me! Also, I love how your little update referes to the baby as "he." Told ya so!