Tuesday, March 11, 2008

9 Weeks (and a few days)

Morning sickness/ALL day sickness has unfortunately not passed me by completely. The past week and a half has been a little rough around the edges - with a few days of tardiness to work and a lot of time on the couch. BUT - I know that I have thus far had a very smooth pregnancy with few bumps in the road. (knock on wood) I hear nightmare stories about how sick some Mom's have been and I still consider myself lucky! I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel as far as the 1st trimester goes and I am really looking forward to this supposed RUSH of energy that you experience in the 2nd trimester! My main complaint is that I am still extremely exhausted all the time. I could sleep all day and all night! Certain smells and foods are added daily to the "YUCK, NO WAY" list and my emotions are in full swing. Thankfully for Brad, so far I am just a weeper and have not had any terrible mood swings. The dumbest song or commercial sets off the waterworks. Usually it is at night when Brad is working - so he hasn't fully experienced the sudden and unpredictable onset of tears! If I could see myself during one of these episodes, I am pretty sure I would laugh. I will take the tears over the extreme moods any day. So far I haven't turned into the wicked witch. Let's hope "Hurricane Katie" stays at bay.

We are off to Snowshoe this weekend... a ski weekend we planned long before we got the news. Unfortunately, due to my doctor's recommendations - I won't be skiing. Although I love to ski and had been looking forward to this trip, it is really not worth the risk. I guess I will have to find other ways to entertain myself and relax while everyone else is skiing. I am calling today to book a massage and some other spa services. :-) If nothing else I will catch up on movies, reading and napping! Basically my usual weekend activities - but with a view!

Here is the latest www.babycenter.com update:

How your baby's growing:Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

1 comments:

Mills said...

Rapid weight gain . .oh yeah! So glad the tail is totally gone. . .BUT these people play with your emotions. . .now they're saying it's a girl. . .please.