I cannot believe that it has been 4 weeks since delivery! She is growing and changing and teaching us something new every day! Our next doc appt is not until Nov. 5th, but I suspect that she is close to 8 lbs and has grown a bit in height as well. She is now wearing the regular new born sizes (bu-bye preemie!) and some 0-3 months. She is such a content baby, but still comes alive around 11 PM! All in all we are lucky to have such a good baby... we are just trying to be patient until she figures out that we are supposed to play when the sun comes up and sleep when the sun goes down! Unfortunately this lack of a routine means Mom and Dad still aren't getting much sleep. Brad returned to work today after having nearly a month off... what a blessing to have him at home for that long! After a minimal break down last night before he went to bed and a few tears this morning, I actually did OK the first day home alone with Anna Claire! The main issue is going to be finding the time to rest. I don't want Brad up half the night when we has to work 10 hours the next day. We are cutting his duties back to 1 night feeding so he can rest a little more. Since I don't return to work until Jan. 5th I will endure the nights! I need to be better about sleeping and napping in between feedings during the day. Easier said than done when I still have things to do around the house and have the urge to pack her up and get out at least once a day for errands, walking etc. What a process to get her out the door!
AC and I are off to Danville tomorrow to visit with Uncle Chris for the first time! I promise to post pics on Sunday!
annie kate
8 years ago


2 comments:
I can't wait to get to know her!! Get some sleep, Mama. Love you!!
xo--
These photos are great, I especially like the second one where she is smiling
Looking forward to when she is old enough to play with her new toy
In the meantime, I think the people /audience of this blog want to know, why no word from Aunt Mary Beth?
Post a Comment