Monday, February 11, 2008

1st Doc Appt

I decided to send this out to all of you gals (and Christopher) that have already heard the news! Again, please just keep it under lock and key until we get word from the doctor that things are good in just a few weeks.

The first OB visit went well, but was rather uneventful. I spent most of the time asking questions and being told about all of the fun and interesting things I can't do for the next 34 weeks! The doctor ordered a ton of routine labs, so much of the time was spent getting poked and proded. I go back Feb. 26th for the 1st ultrasound - which is when we will hear the heartbeat! The doctor told me today that after they are able to locate the heartbeat, the chance or risk of any issues drops dramatically to less than 5%. So... we will remain tight lipped until that point and assuming that everything goes well, we MAY decide to share with some other extended family and friends. I really hope to hold out until 10 weeks before it is truly public news, but I love to share good news! Your thoughts and prayers are much needed and appreciated during these next 6 weeks especially!

I am starting my 6th week or technically I am 5 weeks and 2 days. The EDD (estimated date of delivery) is October 15th (which is Ellen's Birthday!)

3 comments:

Mills N. Sublett said...

So pumped! At least that one is under your belt!

Anonymous said...

I mean really...anyone born on that day has no choice but to be cool :).

Anonymous said...

I am so excited! Can't wait to hear more
Alexandra