So we decided we would not tell anyone until 10 weeks... which translated into telling our immediate families ASAP and now we have already agreed to tell close friends only. It is still quite a bit early to sit back and relax or make it public, but we decided that we wanted the support of our closest friends. Even though it is early in the game, we are thinking positive thoughts and ask for your love and support and prayers! We are thrilled... but not nearly as excited as our Mother's! We are happy to share the news with you all, but for now - please keep the news to yourself or amongst yourselves as we have yet to tell some close family members and friends and goodness knows I am not ready for Danville just yet! We hope to let the cat out of the bag in early March, around 10 weeks - pending doctor's approval, so until then we ask that you please keep the great news on the quiet side.
We got this news on Super Bowl Sunday! I was getting ready to get in the shower and thought for some reason I needed to take a test... no crazy symptoms other than being really tired with a headache that sent me home from work last week. I wasn't really late, but thought WHY NOT? I was of course shocked when 2 pink lines immediately showed up on the test screen... it hardly took 10 seconds, much less 3 minutes! I immediately started yelling for Brad - thank goodness he was home! But he could not hear me because he had his noise cancelling headphones on - so I ran to find him. I think he was annoyed I was slapping him on the shoulder rapidly and mumbling something that he must have eventually understood... We both kept running into the bathroom to check the reading. Brad's first reaction was "what does that mean?" and then shortly after "wow. there are definitely two pink lines!" He immediately went to change and suggested that we go buy more tests before we got too excited... I think this is probably everyone's reaction, even though most of us are trained to know that there aren't really any false positive's! So we ventured out to Rite Aid and purchased the expensive, digital tests. The next one I took immediately read the word "pregnant" leaving little to the imagination! The hardest part was getting dressed to go to the Super Bowl party at Brad's brothers house and not telling a soul! Since then I have taken another test... just for further confirmation! We had entirely expected this process to take quite a bit longer, so while we are SO excited, we were also pleasantly surprised that it happened right off the bat!
From what I can calculate... I am wrapping up my 5th week now and will start #6 on Sunday. From all of the nifty calculators online, I estimate I am due around October 12th. I have a doctor's appt Monday morning and hope to find out more then. I am feeling good, other than being exhausted and a tad bit queasy from time to time. Let's hope that doesn't get any worse! For now - I am happy going to bed at 9:00 and often napping during lunch. Now I know why I have been so run-down the past few weeks!
From time to time I will post updates and ultrasound pics etc. to share with you all. If you want to visit this page periodically to check on us, please do!
annie kate
8 years ago


4 comments:
Whoo hoo!
I think I've made this pretty clear, but I'm soooo freakin' happy for you two! Can't wait to share the next 9 months with you. :)
I couldn't believe it at first-thought Katie was pulling my leg. I was talking about prenatal vitamins and then she said she was pregnant-crazy! I am so excited for both of you and I can't wait to have a baby shower!!! The baby is going to be perfect and you both will be great parents. Congratulations and I love you both!
Marty and I are so excited for you all, I cant wait to see my new nephew (Marty's gut feeling) Enjoy this time and make the most of it, the baby will be here before you know it. I love you!!!!
Bobbi Williams
Post a Comment