Monday, April 14, 2008

14 weeks and counting

Brad and I spent the weekend in Louisville for the Thunder Over Louisville event. This has become a tradition for us as this was our 4th Thunder together. We had a great weekend, despite the cold and windy weather on Saturday. I was a trooper and still managed to enjoy myself. I forgot my camera... seems that I cannot remember anything these days! I am feeling great. The 2nd trimester is sooooo much better than the 1st! My belly is really starting to push out. I will have to take a pic soon. My latest ailment is hip pain - ouch! I think it is mostly from the pressure caused by sleeping on my sides and it is a common complaint among pregnant women. I hope to get another prenatal massage soon - maybe that will help! I think at least 1 massage per trimester is well deserved!

Some great news at home... Brad started 1st shift today! His days off will still rotate, but his hours will be 7 AM to 5 PM. It will be so strange and very nice to see him at home every evening! I am thrilled! He will stay on 1st shift at least until the baby gets here, or most likely until I return to work from maternity leave in January. It may work better for him to move back to 2nd shift (4PM to 2AM) as I return to work as it would eliminate our need for full time child care. We will have to see how it goes these next few months and make a decision on what will work best for us. For now - I will really enjoy having him at home in the evenings. We have never even remotely been on the same schedule!

Next doc appt is next Thursday, the 24th. I am having some routine testing/blood work done at this visit. We will also set the ultrasound date for May! In just a little over a month we can start talking about nursery decor and baby names. I cannot wait! Let the shopping begin!

Babycenter.com update.

Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him, a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches.


ALSO... Cute bedding is so much harder to find for a boy! I have a million choices and possibilities if it is a girl, but have narrowed it down to this (I think) for a little boy. See pic below... it is called Baby Boats from Pottery Barn Kids. The sheets have waves and boats on them! We are boat people as you all know, so I think Brad will love this too. I also love the nautical flags from landofnod.com to go with the theme. I will post some girl nursery ideas next week!



1 comments:

Mills said...

No need to show us the little girls. . .its a BOY!!! Also, sooooo glad to know he is tee-teeing inside you! Fungus Face would be proud!