My appointment went well this morning. Dr. Mitchell was a tad concerned that I had experienced some spotting and decided to do an ultrasound. Thankfully everything looked great! I was so sad that Brad was not there with me for the ultrasound, but I promised him this morning when he offered to go with me that he didn't need to come to this "routine" appt. I had no idea they would do an ultrasound! Generally all they do is check your weight, blood pressure and a few other things. I rushed home before heading to work so I could share the photos with him. We are amazed. The baby is completely human looking now! It was unbelievable to see the profile, a little ear and arms and legs moving around! The pictures don't show details as clearly as the ultrasound screen, but they give you an idea. In one you can see the head and an arm waving! There was a lot of movement... I can't really feel it at this point, but every now and then I feel a flutter and convince myself that the baby is kicking! The heartbeat was 164, which is great and I am getting along just fine as well. I am feeling better every day. I have a lot more energy and really no nausea! I do however still have some aversions and the cravings are picking up a bit. Thanks to Hunny (Mom) and Poppy (Ray) for spoiling Brad and I this past weekend! We made a trip to Danville and enjoyed visiting with them. We also enjoyed a fabulous dinner and a mandarin orange cake baked by my Mom, which the baby personally requested. YUM! Sunday morning they fed us breakfast before we came back home. Maybe we should visit every weekend! Ha... just kidding, Mom!
Next appt is April 24th. The 20 week ultrasound will be around the 3rd week of May and that is when the sex will be determined! They will NOT be able to do the ultrasound at 18 1/2 weeks while MB is here. The doc says that certain developmental things that they check for will not be apparent even a week or two early. Oh well - I tried Aunt Mary Beth! Enjoy the pics - I will keep you all posted!


annie kate
8 years ago


2 comments:
AMAZING! I just can't believe it! Things are changing so quickly!
So glad you're doing well, baby girl.
Miss you.
Post a Comment