Tuesday, June 17, 2008

23 Weeks

My doctor's appointment this morning went well and was uneventful for the most part. My nurse was a girl that I went to high school with - so that was a strange coincidence! I didn't see my actual OB today, since she is on vacation. I saw the midwife/nurse practitioner, whom I also really like. The baby's heartbeat was 152, which is nice and strong indicating that we have an active little gal! I am feeling her move all the time now - so that came as no surprise to me! Still no strong and consistent kicks from the outside for Brad to feel, but I feel like she is doing flips all the time! They said that around 26 to 28 weeks you get the strong and consistent kicks from the outside and around that time as well you can SEE the movement in the your belly! I am doing well and feel great for the most part, still have healthy blood pressure etc. So far, so good! We had a nice weekend and I surprised Brad with some Father's Day goodies... my fave was a onesie that said "I love Daddy."

Next appt is July 14th and that is the day we have the glucose screening - yuck! Starting in August I will see the doctor every two weeks until I hit 36 weeks and then it will be a weekly visit. Time is flying by! (I know I may eat those words in a couple of months...ha!)I really will try to post a picture of my belly/profile soon! I have lost the data cord to my camera - so we are working on finding it or replacing it so I can start sharing pictures.

Brad surprised me and ordered the nursery furniture on Saturday - so it should arrive in mid-August! I think "Hunny" is giving us the bedding at an upcoming shower later this month in Danville - so I will be sure to take photos as we get everything set up... of course our nursery at the apartment will be temporary - so I won't paint etc. until we move - still it should be fun to get it all together! I am certainly starting to feel the urge to nest! We have already collected a good amount of baby gear and clothing, which has been fun. Friends and family members have been generous, to say the least and many of them can't resist the urge to buy those cute girl outfits! We visited Danville over the weekend and saw the latest items that Hunny has purchased... too cute! My favorite is a monogrammed diaper cover with little eyelet ruffles around the legs. I think having a girl is going to be so much fun!


Pregnant Quote Graphics from dolliecrave.com

Pregnancy Quotes

1 comments:

Mills said...

What a blessing! Love you ALL!