So I reported to the lab this morning at 8:30. I left the doctor's office at 10:40. It has been a long day! The worst part was waking up knowing I could not have anything besides water. Of course I was starving! Drinking the thick, sugary, orange glucose drink on an empty stomach was really the worst part and it wasn't THAT bad. I did get a little shaky and after waiting an hour to have blood drawn, I was a little hot and woozy by the time the needle hit my arm. For those of you who know me, I have quite a phobia about needles anyhow. The frequent poking and prodding associated with pregnancy has pretty much tamed my fears, but it is still never fun! I am glad to have this test behind me! Hopefully the results will be good! They said they would call within a week if the tests results were bad. No news is good news, but I will keep you posted.
The doctor's visit went well. Regardless of all of the crazy stranger comments I wrote about last week, Dr. Mitchell says that I am measuring perfectly normal at this point... meaning my uterus is about exactly the size it should be! The babe may be a bit large and seems to maybe be sitting sideways at this point, but all that means at is that she may arrive a bit sooner than our targeted due date. They will be able to tell us with more accuracy in a month or so - but looks like the estimated due date may end up being closer to October 6th. I have done well with my weight gain, which was a surprise to me and my blood pressure is excellent. So far, so good! I am starting to feel very pregnant and normal activities are becoming a little more challenging as the belly gets larger - but that is to be expected. All in all, I am enjoying pregnancy and can't wait to meet our little girl! (For all of you veteran Mom's... I know, I know! I am sure I will change my tune in a few weeks and will be begging for her to make her debut!)
On another note... Hunny finally received the bedding! We have not seen it yet, but she says it is beautiful. I think it will be handed off to us at the next baby shower in August. :-) Still waiting on the furniture... its expected arrival is mid-August, which will give us plenty of time to get things set up - at least we hope! I am looking forward to getting the crib and dresser as I have this sudden urge to get things washed and put away! I guess I am hitting the "nesting" phase!
annie kate
8 years ago


3 comments:
Glad it went well, babe.
Big hugs.
h
Big check mark, Kate, I mean, Preggy Peggy.
Let her know that if she gets her early she can wear the ice cream cone Halloween costume! What better incentive is there, AC...really?!
Post a Comment