So here we are - 30 weeks and counting! The home stretch! I am thankful that we are counting down the days as I become more uncomfortable each week. I hate to complain as the pregnancy has been great and without complication, but just give me a moment. Life's every day activites such as getting off the couch, getting into a car, tying one's shoes, putting away groceries, doing laundry etc. are becoming quite difficult! Uninterrupted sleep is a thing of the past and I realize post-delivery that won't improve! Between the frequent trips to the restroom, back pain, wrestling with my body pillow, changing sides to relieve my numb and sore hips etc. there is usually never more than an hour of sleep at a time. Just when I do get to sleep, it seems that little AC starts her workout and the kicking and punching seems to last for hours. Even in the middle of the night though, I really enjoy that time with her. :-) I have not been able to catch Brad quickly enough to feel the good kicks... either that or he is too impatient to lay quietly and wait for her to show off. This morning around 5 AM I could not resist waking him up. I was bound and determined for him to feel her moving and she was putting on quite a show! At first he did not seem pleased that I woke him up, but within a moment he was feeling some intense movements and needless to say - he quickly forgot that it was 5 AM (just an hour before his alarm goes off!) It was neat to see his reaction - he could not believe that he was really feeling her every move! I was so glad to share that with him. But then of course... I could not get back to sleep! I have been feeling those outside kicks for a few weeks now - every day they become more intense and more frequent, so I am glad we finally caught Dad! She loved kicking him!
Last night we hung the curtains and valances in the nursery... they look great and things are really coming along. As soon as I work on the bare walls and get some things hung up, I promise to post pictures. It looks great and I find myself sitting in there just looking around at least a few times a day.Even in the temporary nursery at the apartment, I think we are making a really cozy home for her. :-) Now I am on the hunt for a lamp, a rug and some wall decor. We do have letters on the way for above her crib... one of Brad's coworker's commissioned his wife to make some for us as a gift. I can't wait to see them! Other than that I just want something colorful to hang above the dresser and a few odds and ends to help break up the white walls! It will be so fun to paint when we find a new house... I already have a million ideas!
P.S. - I assumed no news was good news regarding my glucose screening, but I called today just to be sure. I passed with flying colors! Next doctor's appt is August 13th. I will go twice in August and then once a week in September and October/before delivery.
annie kate
8 years ago


2 comments:
Yea! I knew everything would be fine!
Sounds more like a baby palace to me! I am sure that AC will be very comfortable
Post a Comment