Tuesday, July 8, 2008

99 days until D-Day!

So I am officially 26 weeks and 2 days pregnant. The most exciting part about that is that my countdown is now down to the double digits! 99 days until the due date! I am 2/3 of the way through this pregnancy and that is really hard to believe! 27 weeks will mark the beginning of the final trimester - so 5 days remaining in the bliss of the 2nd trimester. If I am blessed like my mother, I could possibly deliver a week or two early - but I am not holding my breath. :-) Of course we want little AC to cook as long as possible and be healthy and happy when she makes her debut! Everything is still going very well, but I am starting to feel some pregnancy discomforts settling in. I consider myself lucky since so far everything has gone off without a hitch. Everyone has warned me that 30 weeks+ is a little uncomfortable, so I guess I am easing my way toward the 30 week mark. :-) If I am on my feet for a long time I can feel them swelling, much less aching! Sleeping is becoming increasingly difficult and I am sure that will just get worse as time progresses. Other than that, I feel pretty good, but IT IS HOT! Doc appt is on the 14th and that is when we have the icky glucose screening. Will keep you all posted! I just hope that the test is negative and that we continue to have a healthy pregnancy. Cross your fingers and say a little prayer for us!

JUST SO YOU KNOW... It is shocking to me how random strangers will comment on your pregnancy... here are some examples to make you giggle. When I was having a pedicure on Friday, the lady assisting me said that my "belly was not big enough for me to be six months pregnant." Then two days later a woman making my salad at Chipotle asked when my baby was due and was shocked when I said October. Her reply was "my baby is due in October too! You are a lot bigger than me." I swear I could not tell she was even pregnant! Disgusting I tell ya. That same day at the pool a stranger said, "Are you sure you aren't having twins? You must have a big baby in there!" People are intolerably brave. The more pregnant I get, the more brave I get - so these people should be warned! :-) That goes for you too Uncle Chris(Please note my brother's comment when he asks "what did you do, shove all the baby shower loot up your shirt?")

Anyhow - we enjoyed the holiday weekend. I was a bridesmaid in my dear friend, Kristen's wedding. It was so much fun to be a part of her day and spend time with my TU girls. As much fun as I had, I spent the entire day on Sunday recovering and sleeping and extended my weekend by taking Monday off. Brad took me, Jessica and Katie Minor to the lake on Monday - which was fun and very relaxing. I love to be in the water and it seems that Anna Claire does as well! She is really moving and packing quite a punch! This past week I have felt her from the outside with my hands a few times! I keep trying to catch Brad at the right moment, but no luck so far. They say it is common around 28 weeks, so we are getting there!

7 comments:

Mills said...

Yeah!!!!! Double digits! Can't wait!

Heather C. Watson said...

Congratulations on your milestone, love!!! I'm sure you are glowing, and doing a great job of "cooking" our little princess!!

I can't believe there are so many people who believe they can be so rude to expectant mothers; you're doing such hard work growing a person...

xo
h

Heather C. Watson said...

Loving the Pink and Green...goes great with her new room!! :)
xo

Julie Jorgensen said...

Almost there, girl! Good seeing you this weekend too, and I'm happy to have introduced you to Lash Blast-- I'm sure the waterproof will keep your lashes fabulous during AC's delivery! You looked great this weekend in your stylish bridesmaid's dress. Hope to see you again soon!

Xoxo,
Julie

Julie Jorgensen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie Jorgensen said...

Not too long now, chickie! You looked great this weekend in your stylish bridesmaid's dress. It was great seeing you-- best wishes as AC gets ready to arrive!

Xoxo,
Jules

Julie Jorgensen said...

Okay, I'm obviously figuring out this whole comment thing. Feel free to delete any of the many I accidentally sent you-- I didn't realize it was saving EACH TIME!

--Jules