Thursday, July 24, 2008

Project Baby Room

Last night we finally started the process of getting our extra bedroom cleaned out and ready for baby furniture and gear! I did what I could to help, but Brad worked for a few hours and accomplished quite a bit by himself! Nursery Time called us last week to notify us that the furniture arrived, but we have avoided picking it up until we make room in our tiny apartment. Things are looking good... once Goodwill comes to pick up some furniture we are donating we will be in great shape. Hopefully Brad can go pick up her furniture tomorrow! The dresser is assembled, but I think the crib will take some assembling and effort. :-) Hunny has the bedding and we should pick that up next weekend! Other than that - we will have to work on getting a mattress and mattress cover before I can officially make the bed. :-) We won't worry about painting until we move into a house. For now I hope to just hang some decorative and colorful things on the walls to make the room more baby friendly... and the cute window valances! :-)I am sure this process will take a few weeks!

I am really feeling the urge to nest and get things prepared! I plan to hold off on any other purchases until after the baby shower, but it is tough! I would like to get the Pack and Play and the car seat so I can mark the MUST HAVE items off my list... and a changing pad and cover and about a million other things! It is funny how relaxed you are until you suddenly realize that you only have about 10 weeks to get it all together before she makes her way into this world! I think September will be a SLOW month for me both mentally and physically so my goal is to have the majority of things accomplished before I hit that point. Trying to be patient and get a few things at a time. This baby business is expensive... but it is so much fun - we can't wait! Once we get it all together in the next few weeks I will send pictures.

Hard to believe I am 29 weeks... October will be here before we know it! I feel great most of the day, but then the back pain sets in around 5:00 on the dot and of course sleeping is becoming more of a chore. But - I am hanging in there and feel lucky to have had such a smooth pregnancy. So far, so good! I have not heard anything about the glucose test and Dr. Mitchell said no news is good news, but I may call today just to make sure!

3 comments:

Heather C. Watson said...

I'm sure it will be beautiful!!! Can't wait for pics.

xo

Mills said...

Yea for Bradley! I am so impressed. . .a break from Rock Band is always good!

Clcorcoran said...

Making room for furniture in your apartment? From the looks of those Baby Shower pictures, I'd say you need to be making room for you :)