Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Catching Up

Where should I begin? Anna Claire has experienced her first cold, which made for some fussy days and some restless nights this past week. I am glad to report that she is on the mend and has slept through the night the past two nights. I think she is getting back to her old, giggly self - which thrills me! Her nose is a river, but it doesn't seem to be slowing her down... whew! This week has been a busy one. We finally sold the boat. While this is good news, it is also bittersweet. Brad has been working all week to settle things with the buyer and will officially hand over the keys on Friday. :-( Anna got to spend some extra time with Grandmom and Aunt Kelly on Monday while Daddy was tending to the boat, so she enjoyed that! We are so blessed to have Brad's family in Lexington.

She is just so much fun these days! We live and die to make her giggle and I am convinced it is the best sound I have ever heard. Today we discovered she thinks it is quite funny if you hit yourself in the head and act wounded... I know, I know - the sick things we will do for a giggle! She is rolling both ways now, although definitely favors back to belly. It will be nice when she masters the reverse skill so we don't have to spend countless hours flipping her over. Ha! She is getting stronger every day and is really loving her jumparoo. She has the bouncing down and can spend up to 45 minutes in the jumparoo having a great time. I will try to capture a video soon - it's great! She is also really, really learning to pull up her legs and has started grabbing at her feet, which is just irresistibly cute! She seems to really enjoy sitting, propped up on the sofa. I guess it will be a matter of time before she can sit unassisted. She is getting closer every day!

Last weekend was Honey's birthday, so she and Poppy came to Lexington for some birthday fun. We really enjoyed visiting with them on Saturday and Sunday. They came bearing gifts... Anna Claire is officially ready for our beach trip in April. See the pics below! Happy Birthday Honey! Also, Happy Belated to Mills and to Aunt Kathy!

We are happy to report that Uncle Chris is dropping in for a very quick visit on Saturday and he will be staying with us until Monday! I am sure we will have some great photos to share on Monday!







2 comments:

Mills said...

The shades and suit are too much! LOVE IT!

Mills said...

The shades and suit are too much! LOVE IT!