Thursday, July 16, 2009

Relief!!!

Wednesday morning Brad and I brought Anna Claire back to Central Baptist yet again for her 4th kidney exam since birth. This all started after an ultrasound late in my pregnancy showed some fluid and swelling in her left kidney. Since birth, tests have been repeated every few months and we have been following up regularly with our Ped and even visited a Nephrologist a few months ago when our doc expressed some mild concern that the issue had not improved. Thankfully she has been the picture of health and has expressed zero symptoms or side effects; however it is still something they have monitored closely... hence the repeat of the scan yesterday.

After Wednesday's test I was a bit nervous (I worry too much about EVERYTHING)and just hoped for a good result so we could put this concern to rest once and for all.I had been waiting impatiently for a call today. Dr. Childer's office called the house this afternoon and informed Brad that "the issue seems to have resolved itself." YAY!!! We were told the doc would discuss with us further at our next appointment in September, but they just wanted to inform us that the latest scan looked good. WHEW! All along the doctors have indicated it is a condition she would most likely out grow. Hopefully this means no more needless worrying for Mommy and no more horrible tests for little Anna Claire to endure. Brad assured me all along that this was nothing. Thank goodness one of us has a level head.

WHAT A RELIEF!:-)I am so thankful for AC and most of all for her health! Now I know how much my Mom must have worried about me while I was growing up.

XOXO

3 comments:

honey said...

i still worry about all three of you. your health and happiness are important to MOM.

Mnowac said...

Oh good, that's great news. Congrats!

Kyle & May said...

Hooray! That's wonderful news. So glad to hear that.