Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Finishing Touches!

First off... here are some recent pictures of me with Lyla Welch. Isn't she too cute? I cannot believe that she has gotten so big! Brad and I enjoy spending time with her (and Joe and Meiko of course - ha!) It has been fun to see her come along. Anna Claire is practically due on Lyla's 1st birthday! Her's is the 8th and we are due the 6th!




So the nursery is just about complete... It is very cute and pictures will follow later this week! Over the weekend I found an amazing painting for the room and hung some shelves on the walls. What a difference that made in breaking up the blindingly white walls! I can't wait to see the cute letters that our friends are making to hang above her crib. The NEW nursery in our future/hypothetical house will be even better as color will play a much more important role! We hope to be moved by Jan. or Feb. at the latest! Anyhow I am now on the hunt for a rug and a lamp and have even considered chanelling my inner "Martha" to decorate a lamp shade myself! Other than that - the room looks just about ready for her arrival! We have borrowed a bassinet from our good friends Joe and Meiko and I suspect that the little one will spend the first couple of weeks in our room. I am afraid I won't be able to sleep at all if I insist on standing over her crib 24/7- ha.

We are 31 weeks and counting! I have decided that my goal is to make it 6 more weeks. Once week 37 roles around I would welcome her arrival knowing that she would no longer be considered premature. I know I keep saying it... but I cannot sleep! Last night was the worse of all nights. I had back pain all day, so I went to bed knowing that finding a comfortable position was going to be near impossible. Between the back and the hips (and of course the restroom trips) I was up twice every hour. If I could sleep I would feel great... albeit huge! :-) The babe seems to be doing well and is still entertaining us with her kicks. In a matter of weeks I suspect we will start actually SEEING more movement!

This so called "nesting" is a very real and intense urge that pregnant women feel - I now know! Between getting the nursery ready, washing baby blankets and clothing, organizing, cleaning and cooking - I am probably spending way too much time on my feet! BUT... I am getting ready!

Next week doctor's appt is on the 13th - will keep you all posted. Check back soon for pictures of the room!

0 comments: