Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Doctor's appointment - 32 Weeks

Only 8 weeks to go.... that is, IF I actually make it to my due date on October 6th! Everything went well today, but the doctor does believe that "little" Anna Claire is measuring quite BIG, which may put me ahead of schedule. For this reason, she ordered an ultrasound on the 27th to check her size and position. Mom and babe are certainly healthy, but I hope we don't have a 12 pounder in the oven! She also noted today that the baby is somewhat sideways in position. This could of course change at any moment, but explains the strange shape that my belly has taken on this past week. She favors my right side as Dr. Mitchell said there was almost no sign of baby on the left side. She is sideways, in a tucked position. Sounds like a fancy dive! (can you tell I am LOVIN the Olympic coverage?) Her head does seem to be pointing somewhat in the right direction, so let's hope she gets herself turned around! I may have interesting news after the ultrasound. She may be a perfectly normal size (wishful thinking) but based on my uterus measurements I may be a couple of weeks ahead of my due date. We shall see! I guess we won't really know until they take a closer look... Maybe our babe won't ever fit into those cute newborn outfits! We will go straight to 0-3 months!

Even though there won't be any definite news until the ultrasound, this hypothesis definitely kicks my nesting instinct up a notch! I am going to work on getting THE BAG together this next week and plan to finish up the last few things in the nursery. I am sure I have a few more trips to Babies R Us in my future to make sure we have everything we need (or don't need) - sorry Brad! :-) Better safe than sorry! I am sure in a few more weeks I won't be quite as motivated - so now is the time to make final preparations. Brad and I are doing some classes at the hospital later this month as well. I have a baby shower on Sunday and can't wait to visit with my gals!

Tonight we are having dinner with my Mom and my brother, Chris. Can't wait to visit with him! Tomorrow we send Mom off to Scotland for a couple of weeks, where she will join Ray as they await the arrival of Baby Hammond (Ray's first grandchild!)Good luck to Ashley and Drew! They are 1 day past their due date, so I hope things spring into action sooner than later. :-)

1 comments:

Mills said...

WOW!!!! Can't wait to find out more! See you Sunday!