Sunday, August 31, 2008

Quick update

Sorry it has been a while. Most of you are probably aware at this point, but the past 5 days have been quite challenging for Brad and I. Many of you have asked for an update. While at the doctor last week we found out that the baby is between 5 adn 5 1/2 lbs, which means she is in fact a big gal. :-) Unfortunately we also got some troubling news about our little angel. I apologize if I have not contacted you, but I have not wanted to discuss the details. I have needed the past few days to collect my thoughts and formulate a plan. The best thing I can do is rest and prepare and take care of myself so I can properly care for her. I don't think that this is the correct means to discuss or inform, but please just keep us in your thoughts and prayers... and especially little Anna Claire that she arrives safely and is healthy and happy. In short, we believe that it is an issue that can be corrected, but we are anxious and nervous as our doctor's could not offer us any details or guarantees. We remain extremely excited and are conecntrating on positive thoughts. Again, not something I want to blog about.

Aside from the babe, my doctor was a bit concerned about my amniotic fluid level. While he was not yet convinced that I needed full bed rest he did encourage me to stay off of my feet, slow down and drink LOTS of water. I am doing the best I can to stay still and improve the fluid situation. I guess the next 4 or 5 weeks will go at a slower pace. :-) I go back to a Perinatal specialist on Tuesday afternoon for another ultrasound and should get some additional information about our sweet little babe and also at that point if he is not satisfied with the fluid I may be required to go on maternity leave a little early. My goal was to work until Sept. 26th - we shall see! At this point, due to her size and clearly a number of other factors we are set to deliver before or on our due date of Oct. 6th - but it is not likely they will let me go past my due date.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! We continue to rest and prepare for her arrival. Counting down the days!

3 comments:

Mills said...

We love you BUNCHES!!!

Heather C. Watson said...

Love and prayers from R. and me.

Ashley said...

we will be praying for you both.